I dropped off my kids at school today and was reminiscing about my days way back, and I do mean way back, trying to piece the highlights of my public school career as a child. Here they are:
- We watched “Charlotte’s Web” at the movie theater as a field trip. I think I was in 2nd grade, and I cried.
- Somehow I became student body vice president. I have no idea how I won, but I remember that I did nothing during the student council meetings other than voting.
- The highlight of 6th grade camp was hiking and scaling a “mountain.” It took over an hour, and I was the 3rd one to make it at the top of the mountain. The Siap twins were the first two, and they reminded me rest of the school year.
- Ellen hit me hard in the arm during recess, and my classmates told me that it was a “love tap.” It hurt, and we went steady as boyfriend and girlfriend for about 2 weeks.
- I cannot recall the plot of the story Sounder. All I remember is that the dog died, and I cried.
I am not sure if any of those are world-changing moments, but what do you think of my list? What are your memorable moments from grade school? Comments are appreciated and welcomed.